Friday, May 23, 2014

Living in Rome

So i have been living in Rome for almost 3 weeks now.
In that time i have been getting rich and then also i have spent almost every single euro i had.

For about 10 days i had a simple routine life that i so much hate.
Every morning i woke up between 6-9, go to 3 or 4 main bars where people know me and have a Coffey, croissants, panini, or beer depending on the moods and bars.
After what i went to beg somewhere between 11am and 4pm until 7-9pm. After what i came back to front of the pantheon where is almost always live performers and have some drinks again.





One night i went to bars with Egyptian guy.


Then i went out with these guys, one from iran and the other from equador.
With them it was impossible for me to pay my drinks and believe me, i tried many times.


The guy in the middle works in ice cream bar and i went to visit him and his boss was also there.

He liked so much what I was doing that he offered me free ice cream and also made me a present.



I also had a chance to wash all my clothes properly.


And then arrived my best friend from estonia.



And i had to let go even from these little sleeping comforts i had because i gave him my sleeping bag and sleeping matt so i started to sleep in a tent.




And that was the moment when everything for my wallet started to go downhill because it was so much better to spend it that to earn it.

But i didn't mind because i enjoyed every moment.







 We even had fun with the nature when we gave food to this big angry bird who later wanted to attack us.


I even got almost arrested when i went to swim in some fountain and after 30 seconds there was 3 police cars in front of me.

We also visited the Colosseum and roman forum.











We did a lot more things but theres not a lot of photos unfortunately.

After he left my other very good friend arrived in rome.


We walked a little around the city and then just sat down in front of the pantheon (i guess its actually my home here) and talked about everything and drinked beers.

And in the evening we also met with her host here in Rome and went to bars to have some more drinks.



Now, have to get some money back because i have to buy some better equipment.
After that i have a quick look on Vatican and then i start walking because now i don't have to wait for anything anymore and I'm tired of staying in one place so long already
I plan to leave in the beginning of the next week.

I think that in this post i got bigger things covered

And still 1037 km. Because i don't count the kilometers i do in the city when i stay.

2 comments:

  1. Mihkel I finished drawing the pantheon and left Rome after 5 months! It was a great pleasure meeting you and Kenneth! Best luck on your walking adventure! Hope one day we will come across each other again:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful tale and sharing it with the world, and good luck with the happy ending!

    Best cities in italy to visit

    ReplyDelete