Monday, August 10, 2015

Im a problem solver

Ive had so many problems and obstacles during my trip that im starting to get good at solving them. I even like them, makes everything a bit more interesting.

Thursday after the post i couldnt get a peace of my mind. That everyday after 5pm all i can do is scratch my balls and hope that something good happens. I dont like it. It doesnt coupe very well with my personality. So i put my mind to work and suddenly all the dots connected and formed one big picture.
Wednesday i went to have a lunch between 16.30 - 17.30, then i went back to earn money and got busted around 7pm. I had a coffee and went back and got busted again around 9 pm. Thursday i didnt do the lunch break and got busted at 5 pm.
What does that mean? That the police does scheduled patrols in my street from 5 pm with 2 hour intervals. All i have to do is make an hour break (just incase there is small variation) at 16.30, 18.30 and 20.30.
Havent seen the police since thursday on my street -problem solved!

I didnt do much of anything thursday evening other than talked with my friend in the evening and later sat in the port.







Friday pretty much the same. Earned money the whole day ( i need to buy back the stolen stuff), had a conversation with my friend and went to the port.






There i also saw Level C


Last year the owners of this yacht gave me a pair of custom made Nike shoes with their yacht name on it. Unfortunately the owners where out clubbing so i just spoke with the crew.

Saturday the same routine, earn money all day long and then go to the port.

The locals and some tourists play pentanque all day long.



In the evening i did a walk to the wall (the part of the port that is farthest away), there are the biggest yachts (up to 70 m) everything bigger than that (biggest is 180m) has to stay on the sea cause they cant fit to the port.

An there i saw a yacht with a name that is one of my favorite italian words. Il vagabondo (wanderer), so i took some photos.





And i even met the captain. We spoke for 5 minutes and then he gave me 10 euros (the average price for a beer here and said "go buy yourself a beer!"

Now some cars ive seen on the streets. I dont see them a lot cause most of the time im sitting on a street where theres no cars. But when i walk around i dont have to be disappointed.







From sunday i actually even have a story to tell from the time i was earning money.
A family with three kids walked by and the smallest (about 4 years old) wanted to take 50 cents from my hat. Maybe she taught that im giving money away. But the mother was so embarrassed by that, so she explained to the kid that im asking money and what she did was stealing. After the girl realized what she had done she started crying. Then the mother gave her 5 euros and she came to me and gave it to me. Parenting done right.

Not often here are yachts like that. Mostly they are here when there is a regatta going on.


And if you thought that parallel parking is difficult then try this. St - Tropez port is one of the most difficult ports to dock since from the both sides you usually have between 30-60 cm of free space.


Thats it for now. 
So far 3118km.

1 comment:

  1. Cool police hack and parenting done right indeed :)
    Cheers,
    Lorenzo from Montpellier

    ReplyDelete